Saturday, March 23, 2013

Spring note....

Spring is awesome. I love the feeling of things beginning anew. When you think about it, the Earth renews itself every spring. We are lucky to live in paradise and the seasons don't change dramatically, but even here you can see the green life of the hills around you, the budding of the flowers and buzzing of the bugs. Even here there's an air of renewal, beginning or re-beginning, creation and re-creation. It may account for my unusually cheerful mood lately. It's as if i get a new lease on life every Spring. I get creative, plan ahead, motivated and inspired - perhaps the winds blow more energy into my sails. Perhaps the green makes me goofy. Either way, i take full advantage of the extra energy and enthusiasm.

I grab my notebook and review all my dreams for the future. I think everyone should have a place where they record their dreams for the future. As they say, a life not worth recording is not worth living...and we are all dream stuff...and if you can dream it, you can make it happen.

I look backward into the dreams I've had and delight in the ones I've seen already happen - like being in school again, like having the best relationship of my life to enjoy every day, like traveling and experiencing the world out there....When i was a teenager with too many pimples to count, i cried ones when someone described to me what Hawaii looks like...Well, i got to live there for 8 years of my life and I can go back there anytime I want, thanks to my wonderful Hawaiian family.

I can point to many such examples and smile, knowing how once the details of my life were just dreams.....then i got to live them...and now i have more dreams and I am looking forward to living them.

So, if you can dream it, you can make it happen, but you have to commit to that. Set some goals. "Goals" is not a word you'd hear much from a yoga teacher who tells you not to set goals in your yoga practice. But when i say that, i mean "stupid goals." Goals that make no difference whatsoever in the development of your being to it's fullness. Like the splits, for example, do not make you a better human being.

Instead, make your most inspiring dreams your goals and your musts. The way i look at it, goals are nothing but dreams with a deadline. If God gave me a dream, that's probably because God wants me to bust ass and get it done. How else is this Universe suppose to keep expanding!

Inspiration is the fuel a dream needs to survive and materialize. The very meaning of Inspiration comes from the Latin "inspiratos", which means "in spirit" and "to breath on"...so when you look at it that way, dreams are what spirit breaths on you. Are you going to just sit there, then?

Whatever your dreams are - better job, more freedom, healthy life style, your art, your book, your personal development, financial independence, a great relationships, a trip to the Moon, a life of amazement...if you have been breathed upon, you have been already set in motion. All you have to do, is keep going. You can do that, can't you? Like the Energizer bunny. Keep going...and call me if you get stuck. I'd love to help you keep going. In fact, I've made it my life's mission to help people keep going in the direction they are blown in from spirit.

Cheers and see you on the mat...where you get to feel which way the spirit winds are blowing.
Val

If you want to be on the newsletter, go tohttp://www.holisticmovementcenter.com/ scroll down to the bottom of the page and add yourself in ;))

No comments: